Looking for the best online resale sites and consignment stores to save and make money? Get complete knowledge about consignment, resale, and online shops that offer excellent services. Here you will also learn how they work.
Let’s get started;
Consignment shops have two primary purposes. Firstly, it assists consumers in buying all their desired items at a reasonable price.
Secondly, people can generate extra income by selling used, unused, and unwanted stuff. It deals in many products, like clothes, toys, jewelry, accessories, shoes, furniture, sporting goods, etc.
Enjoy many budget-friendly deals and discounts on a high range of items and save some money. According to the United States Census Bureau, 25,000 consignments, non-profit, and resale shops are working in the country.
This resale market is overgrowing over time, and according to ThredUp, it is expected to grow 5X over the next five years.
23 Best Online Resale & Consignment Sites & Apps
It is an excellent online application that uses for resale purposes. Millions of people joined this online platform and sold or bought many luxurious items. It is easy to use and utilizes different customization options to choose the best product.
Secondly, it is specialized in fashion, beauty, and home décor products. This app is safe and offers a money-back guarantee if the product does not match your order. Use this app on Android, ios, and desktop devices.
How does it work?
- Firstly, create an account and join the social network shopping platform.
- Secondly, upload clear photos of your stock.
- Thirdly, share the listing with your desired network.
- Fourthly, sell your products to the interested party.
- Fifthly, attach the pre-paid label on the product.
- Sixthly, deliver the ordered products.
- Lastly, get paid for all the sold items.
It is an online thrift and consigns shop mainly dealing with kids’, women’s, and maternity clothes. Get various shoes, accessories, and handbags. You can also save money through many running deals and discounts. It is easy to navigate and requires no skill.
How does it work?
- Initially, click on the closet clean-out kit.
- Then gently fill it up with all the details about the used items.
- After that, send it to the ThredUp store with the pre-paid label.
- Ultimately, you will get the amount when your items are sold and sent to the buyer.
It is a resale application that offers many products for men, women, and children. The most featured items of this store are clothes, shoes, sports, and electronic products.
How does it work?
- The first step is to create a new account after downloading the app.
- Then upload clear pictures of the items that you want to sell.
- After that, insert a short description and choose the best price.
- Nextly, when someone buys your product, carefully pack it and send it to the customer after attaching the shipping label.
- Finally, when the customers receive your product, rate them and receive your payment.
4. The RealReal:
It is a good option for luxury products, and use this medium to sell out your high-end products. It accepts jewelry, watches, art, men’s, women’s, and kid’s clothes. It is easy to use, and they claim that most of their products sell within 30 days.
This website also runs many stores in different locations. The RealReal is a reliable platform that offers many services for its customers. It includes pre-paid postage, picking up the product from home, and offering the highest commission rate.
How does it work?
- Firstly, sign up for an account.
- Then ship your product or drop it off at their store.
- Their team will create a list of your items and sell them.
- When any of your items are sold, the company will pay you.
It is an online shopping platform where people can buy or sell all designer clothes, shoes, handbags, accessories, and wedding dresses.
How does it work?
- Create a seller account if you want to sell your products.
- Then upload clear photos and write a short description.
- Set the price according to the market value.
- When any of your items sell, instantly dispatch it to the buyer.
- When the buyer accepts their order, you will get the amount after deducting Tradesy fees.
6. Everything But The House
This online store deals in all home or business décor products and vintage furniture. It sells the products like an auction.
How does it work?
- Create a new account with an email or Facebook ID.
- Then the EBTH will automatically sort and pick up your items.
- After that, the store will enlist all your products for auction.
- Next, you will receive a payment within 30 days of selling your products.
This online store assists all users in buying or selling menswear, womenswear, jewelry, and beauty products. You can also learn about the unique and latest fashion.
How does it work?
- Create a new account by a tap on the sign-up button.
- Upload excellent and explicit photos of your items and include a short description.
- Set the price according to the worth of the items.
- Ultimately, you will get an amount when your items are sold.
This digital marketplace is an excellent opportunity for mothers. They can easily buy and sell all the products for a baby girl and a baby boy. It also deals in mama’s products like clothes, toys, and other accessories. You can get products from different high-end brands.
How does it work?
- Click on the sign-up button to create a new account.
- Then upload the item photos and write a short description.
- In the next step, set the item’s prices.
- When you receive an order so, dispatch the products and get money.
It is a digital marketplace that offers many products like antiques, home décor, exceptional vintage furniture, rugs, art, lights, etc.
How does it work?
- Create a new account.
- Add descriptions and photos of the items you want to sell for a listing.
- The Chairish takes some time to approve your listings.
- Respond to all the questions and offers from verified buyers
- The online platform dispatches all the products when you receive an order.
- Get 70% of the sale price within 48 hours.
It is a digital auction marketplace specializing in jewelry, watches, bracelets, necklaces, and diamond rings.
How does it work?
- Create a new account to resell your products.
- Then select a jewelry type and provide more information about your product after tapping the start button.
- Get a free shipping kit from Worthy.
- Send your package to any FedEx store.
- After that, a professional team of merchandise examines all your products.
- Then list the items for auction after taking good photos and give a rank according to their quality.
- You have a chance to reserve the price of your items before the start of the auction.
- Next, the products are sold to the highest bidder. And if the bid price is less than the reserve price, your products will dispatch to your address with insurance.
- Finally, get the money for your sold items.
It is a renowned platform worldwide with millions of active users. Get a lot of benefits from this consignment store by selling a lot of products. For first-time sign-ups, users can freely list up to 50 products. They charge a 10% commission on the product’s final price.
This consignment shop makes the work of people more accessible. You can easily sell your used items through a website and application. Chat with the buyer and seller safely or discuss the stuff.
13. Trove Market:
Trove Market is the best option for selling used furniture to eliminate old furniture. The trove market app is a great choice to sell your stuff to community members easily.
Best Local Resale & Consignment Shops
Following are the best example of Brick-And-Mortar Consignment Stores.
14. Plato’s Closet:
Plato’s Closet is the right choice for selling all your lightly-used accessories, shoes, and clothes. This store has a lot of branches in the United States and Canada.
They mainly focus on young adults and teenage customers. Get the product of many prominent brands like Adidas, Levi’s, Jordans, Coach, BDG, BKE, H&M, Vans, etc.
15. Once Upon a Child:
They have a lot of store branches across the country. Find the nearest branch through the Google Maps locator. Once Upon a Child offers the service of selling your children’s clothes, toys, furniture, shoes, and baby gear.
16. Play it Again Sports:
It has over 400 branches across the United States and 43 shops in Canada. Sell different used fitness and sports equipment. The store accepts all the sports equipment. You only need to bring your item to the store.
Next, the store authorities will examine the product and offer the price according to the market rate. Instantly, get the price if you accept their offer. By using a Google map, you can find the nearest store.
17. Buffalo Exchange:
Buffalo Exchange has more than 40 branches across the United States. Buy, sell, and trade all the latest vintage, designer, and quality clothes. They also deal with used accessories.
18. Music Go Round:
It is the world’s largest consignment store specializing in musical instruments. When you bring your instrument to their store, they will examine it and pay you according to its recent condition. They have many branches in the 19 different states of the United States.
19. Guitar Center:
Guitar Center offers services around the United States and has more than 294 branches in different locations. Their store accepts all the musical instruments and vintage equipment and pays you cash according to the current market value.
20. Crossroads Trading:
It is a resale consignment store in the United States with 34 branches in different locations. They are specialized in men’s and women’s trending accessories and clothes.
21. Clothes Mentor:
Clothes Mentor specializes in branded women’s clothing, shoes, jewelry, handbags, and other accessories. After examining the items’ condition, pay you on the spot and never waste your time. This store has more than 127 branches across the country.
22. Second Time Around:
This resale shop accepts all the branded and high-end women’s products. They have 40 branches in the 12 different states of the country. Sell all your products on a commission basis.
23. Style Encore:
It has 72 branches in different parts of the United States and Canada. They will give you money on the spot after accessing the value of the products. They mainly deal with women’s clothes, accessories, shoes, and handbags.
How to Find the Best Resale Shops?
Note the Location:
Firstly, open Google Maps and insert the “best resale shops” in the search bar section. Then the system will automatically access your location and provide the nearby stores.
You need to check the store’s accessibility to determine whether it is easy or accessible to visit the consignment store by car. You also check whether the store is located in the safest place.
Investigate the Listings:
Find the listing menu on the left side of the Google map that contains more related information. You can analyze the listings more thoroughly to study the store ratings, reviews, and stars.
Inspect the Photos:
Images help get an idea about your favorite store. The owner of the business uploads pictures for their customers. The customer can access how the product in a store is organized, their condition, and the environment.
Read the Reviews:
Read the customer’s reviews to get more clarity because it gives an idea about the quality of a consignment store. Any store with a rating of more than four stars is recommended.
Visit the Website:
Visit the store’s official website for information like operation hours, location, photo, phone number, etc.
Contact the Store:
The contact details of the store are provided in the listing section. You can call them before going to the shop and find their terms and conditions or know which items they accept.
How do Resale & Consignment Shops Work?
In a resale shop, there are a lot of options. You can sell the products to brick-and-mortar stores or online merchants. Resale shops directly buy the products from the seller and pay them the profit.
On the other hand, consignment stores directly receive the inventory from the consigner. Pay the percentage commission after deducting fees. The consignment shops usually charge 15% to 60% of the total sale. In this way, you can earn a little income.
How to Get the Most Money from Resale & Consignment?
The resale and consignment stores only accept products in good condition. If the condition of your inventory is not good and they are damaged or broken.
They never accept that product because it is against the shop’s standards. To sell a product, you must sign a contract and fulfill all the terms and conditions.
You also have the option to donate them to a noble cause if the items’ condition is not good.
Things to Consider Before You Consign
- Condition of the store?
- Is the store well-organized?
- Is your inventory clean?
- What are the store’s terms and conditions on unsold inventory?
- Is the store offers a discount on your items?
- How do we get the payment from the store?
- What is the contract period to keep your items in a store?
- Is consignment shops charge any ‘extra’ fees?
Clothing Consignment Tips
- Thoroughly examine clothes such as tears, missing buttons, broken zippers, pills, and excessive wear and tear.
- Always sell the in-season items.
- Sell clothes after a wash, dry clean, and iron.
- According to the store’s preference, present the clothes on hangers or after folding them neatly.
- Submit cloth according to the store’s specifications, like submitting vintage clothes to the vintage shop and high-end clothes to the branded shops.
Furniture Consignment Tips
Before consigning furniture, you need to consider some essential points that are as follows;
- Closely view the worn, scratched, stained, water damage, missing hardware, and ripped areas.
- Clean the front and underside of cushions or pillows. And they should not be bulge or sag.
- Thoroughly inspect all the moving components and drawers properly.
- Remove the smoke or pet odors and hair from the furniture.
- The condition of the frame should be good and clean.
16 Best Items to Resell
- Designer’s handbag
- Unused and lightly used in-season clothes
- Unused and lightly-used shoes
- Home décor
- Unused and lightly-used Baby clothes
- Unused and lightly-used Kid’s clothes
- Outdoor gear
- Vintage items
- Handmade products
- Sports equipment
- Musical instruments and gear
- Baby furniture
National Brick & Mortar Consignment Shops Nearby
If you want to sell your product to the consignment and resale store, you need some things that are as follows;
- The seller must be above the age of 18 years.
- Require a valid ID and Driving license.
- Sell the in-season products.
- Sell the stuff that is in good condition.
- Visit the nearest stores except on Saturday and Sunday because these stores are very crowded during the weekend.
Thrift Stores vs. Consignment Stores
The main difference between thrift and consignment stores is that consignment shops sell second-hand products, whereas thrift stores stock second-hand items.
Many people in the marketplace think consignment and thrift stores are the same and follow the same business model, but they are different.
Thrift stores receive the amount after selling the donated goods. Then give the money to different charitable and non-profit organizations.
People donate products worn, damaged, and related to low-end brands. Sometimes thrift stores receive goods that are in good condition.
They never pay you against the goods, but you will get the form you can use in your tax returns for tax reduction. The best example of thrift stores is Salvation Army and Goodwill.
On the other hand, consignment stores offer a specific commission according to your product’s sale price. They accept products that are in good condition or clean.
Which Consignment Stores Pay the Most?
RealReal resale stores pay a high amount of commission to their sellers.
Online vs. Actual Consignment Stores
The main difference between consignment and online stores is their existence. In the marketplace, both stores are beneficial for users. For example, if you live in a big city, you will find many consignment stores nearer your location.
On the other hand, if the stores are unavailable on your premises. The best approach is to use an online option to quickly sell your products to different parts of the world without any effort.
Other Tips for Finding Close-by Consignment Stores
You can use many other options to find the closest store, which is as follow;
- Research on Internet
- Explore different Facebook groups
- Visit Reddit
Why Sell at a Consignment Shop?
- Generate some extra income.
- Get rid of clutter
- Warm and inviting experience
- Products are available in a considerable Variety
- Good value for money
- Option to trade
- Why Buy at a Consignment Shop?
- Very Low Prices
- Replenishment of Merchandise
- Get Brand and high-end Trendy Products.
- The quality of the items is excellent.
- Unique products
- It supports small merchandise.
- Save the environment
The resale and consignment stores are the best option to earn income from used and gently used stuff. If you don’t use these items, get rid of them and generate money.
Q. What percentage do most consignment shops take?
Most shop owners take a 40% commission of the total sales.
Q. Is selling to a consignment shop worth it?
Yes, it is worth it if you have many items to sell.
Q. What are the most reviewed consignment shops?
Wasteland, Crossroads Trading Co., and Community Thrift Store are the most viewed shops.
Q. How much do consignment stores charge?
It is not fixed because all the stores have different terms and conditions. It varies from store to store. For example, some stores deduct the fees for listing, maintaining, and shipment. Generally, they deduct 15% to 60% commission from the total sale price.
Q. What are the best consignment shops in Maine?
- Fresh Start Women’s Boutique
- Heirloom Consignment
- New Beginnings Consignment Boutique
- Peacock Consignment Boutique
- Retail Therapy Clothing Boutique & Consignment
- Robin’s Nest Consignment
More from the Make Money:
- Find the Best Scrap Yard & Metal Prices In 2024
- How To Sell Feet Pictures Online And Make Extra Money In 2024
- 15 Dollars An Hour Is How Much A Year
- 20 Dollars An Hour Is How Much A Year
- 28 Easy Jobs For 12-Year-Olds That Pay Well
- 35 Dollars An Hour Is How Much A Year
- 47 Best Side Hustles For Teens
- How To Sell A Junk Car For Cash
- 27+ Best High-Paying Online Jobs From Home Without Investment
- Make Money Fast As A Woman
- 75 Profitable Easy Cash Job Ideas to Make Extra Money on the Side
- Get Paid To Read Emails: Best Legit Sites For 2024
- $50,000 A Year Is How Much An Hour
- How Much Is 6 Figures in Money? [Meaning of 7,8,9 Figures]
- 25 Fun And Easy Jobs For 10-Year-Olds To Make Money
- 30 Dollars An Hour Is How Much A Year?
- 42 Best Jobs For 14-Year-Olds
- 18 Dollars An Hour Is How Much A Year