Exploring high-paying job opportunities for your kids to earn money and wondering which is safe? For your help, here are some great options. After getting a job, kids earn pocket money and learn about the value of money and how to give, save, and spend.
Best Jobs For 10-Year-Olds
Here are the best and safest job options for 8 to 10-year-olds.
In landscaping or yard work, juniors do different tasks, including;
- Planting flower bulbs
- Weeding flower beds
- Trimming hedges
- Spreading mulch
- Raking leaves
- Picking up sticks or pine cones
- Cutting grass
Kids make extra cash in winter by salting sidewalks, shoveling snow, and scraping ice from car windows. They need appropriate winter clothes, a sturdy snow shovel, gloves, and other necessary tools to start work. Compared to other job options shoveling snow can be hard work.
Related Post: 25 Fun And Easy Jobs For 10-Year-Olds To Make Money
10-year-olds make some extra pocket money by becoming a neighbor’s helper. Following are some tasks involved in their job.
- Unloading groceries
- Collecting mail
- Sweeping sidewalks
- Taking out garbage cans
The old-fashioned job option is suitable for a ten-year junior to make money. Juniors set up a lemonade stand outside the house and sell it to their neighbors or others. To start a lemonade stand, they need the mentioned things.
- Provide lemons, honey, sugar, and other ingredients to make delicious lemonade.
- Require a cooler or pitcher to hold the lemonade
- Use cute cups to serve the lemonade to customers.
- Chair to sit in
- Install a cash box to receive payments.
- A table to hold supplies
Flipping or Reselling:
Reselling or flipping is the most exciting and safe job option for pre-teens. In flipping, they buy different things at a low price after bargaining or get products for free.
After that, they resell all the items for profit. You can also reasonably sell your used or unused items, like toys, accessories, clothes, etc. Here are the legit platforms where kids can sell items to make money.
- Garage sales
- Facebook Marketplace
- Yard sales
- Facebook bargain groups
Start an Etsy Shop:
Kids can make money by selling the listed things on Etsy shop.
- Bath bombs
- Baked goods
- Lip gloss
- Pet toys
- Clay jewelry
- Dog treats
- Printed shirts and onesies
- Tie-dyed items
- Printed stickers
Q. Can a 10-Year-Old Get a Job?
The Fair Labor Standards Act states that kids under 14 cannot do casual jobs. However, if you follow the guidelines, many good-paying jobs exist for 10-year-olds. Kids need a variety of skills to do any job. It includes;
- Accounting or bookkeeping
- Time management
- Customer service
- Video editing
- Managing social media accounts
More from Make Money:
- Find the Best Scrap Yard Near Me | Locator & Metal Prices 2023
- How To Sell Feet Pictures Online And Make Extra Money In 2023
- 15 Dollars An Hour Is How Much A Year
- 20 Dollars An Hour Is How Much A Year
- 28 Easy Jobs For 12-Year-Olds That Pay Well
- 35 Dollars An Hour Is How Much A Year
- 47 Best Side Hustles For Teens
- How To Sell A Junk Car For Cash
- 27+ Best High-Paying Online Jobs From Home Without Investment
- Make Money Fast As A Woman
- 75 Profitable Easy Cash Job Ideas to Make Extra Money on the Side
- Get Paid To Read Emails: Best Legit Sites For 2023
- $50,000 A Year Is How Much An Hour
- How Much Is 6 Figures in Money? [Meaning of 7,8,9 Figures]
- 30 Dollars An Hour Is How Much A Year?
- 42 Best Jobs For 14-Year-Olds
- 18 Dollars An Hour Is How Much A Year